Wednesday, June 25, 2014

June 23- ONE YEAR DOWN! A lifetime to go!

Well I don't have a lot of time this week. There is never enough time. It is going by so fast. I can't believe that I have been serving for a year now. It is crazy. It definitely doesn't feel like it. It feels like one never ending summer. I love being a missionary. It is absolutely the greatest thing I have ever done. I have learned and grown so much. Spiritually and hopefully physically as well. I have had a blast. It is a lot of hard work, but totally worth it. One of the most asked questions you get on a mission is, why did you decide to serve? It is funny because a lot of missionaries say that they had a spiritual experience, or something told them that they needed to go and do. However I never had any of that. I never had an experience like that. I just always knew that I needed to serve a mission. It was never a doubt in my mind. I knew that it is what the Lord expected of me, and it was one way I could try to repay the Savior. For being able to be cleansed of all the sins and stupid mistakes I have made, making it possible to be with family for eternity. He has change my life immensely. And what better thing can you do than to help him change others? Now I have a year down, and a Lifetime to go being his disciple, and doing as he would do. Missions are only for two years. Sure you will return , but you can never retire, being a missionary lasts forever.

Everything is going well. Elder Me and I are working as hard as week can. We talked to over 226 people this last week. It was insane and we are seeing a lot of miracles come from it. We have picked up a lot of potential investigators, and even a few return appointments. I will let you know next week how it goes.

Elder Paget

No comments:

Post a Comment