Monday, October 6, 2014

Sept. 15, 2014 Throwing Down the Hammer

Things are going much better. I was a little frustrated last week. Everything was slowly picking up. So what did we decide to do? We decided we needed to throw the hammer down and be more bold that what we have been.  One of the reasons I can be bold with people is that I have developed a love for everyone I come in contact with. I can see them all dressed in white. I can see them all getting baptized, going to the temple, or becoming active in the church once again. I think this is why it is hard for me do see people reject the Gospel. Not because they are rejecting me, because I honestly don't care what people think about me anymore, but it is because by rejecting us, they are rejecting Jesus Christ. This is what causes me to be sad.
 
I can relate with Nephi as he bears his last testimony in the Book of Mormon in 2 Nephi 33. He shares what causes him grief and what he is willing to do about it because of the love he has for his people. 
 
1 And now I, Nephi, cannot write all the things which were taught among my people; neither am I mighty in writing, like unto speaking; for when a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men.
2 But behold, there are many that harden their hearts against the Holy Spirit, that it hath no place in them; wherefore, they cast many things away which are written and esteem them as things of naught.
3 But I, Nephi, have written what I have written, and I esteem it as of great worth, and especially unto my people. For I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry.
4 And I know that the Lord God will consecrate my prayers for the gain of my people. And the words which I have written in weakness will be made strong unto them; for it persuadeth them to do good; it maketh known unto them of their fathers; and it speaketh of Jesus, and persuadeth them to believe in him, and to endure to the end, which is life eternal.
5 And it speaketh harshly against sin, according to the plainness of the truth; wherefore, no man will be angry at the words which I have written save he shall be of the spirit of the devil.
6 I glory in plainness; I glory in truth; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell.
7 I have charity for my people, and great faith in Christ that I shall meet many souls spotless at his judgment-seat.

Becasue of the Love I have for the people here in San Marcos, I am willing to be bold to persuad them to believe. To help them realize the great goodness and mercy that our Heavenly Father has shown us.
We have seen lots of miracles as a result. This last week we picked up a new investigator, set 3 new baptismal dates, and help resolve a lot of concerns that have been holding our investigators back. William and Linda will be getting baptized on October 11, and our new investigator named Shelton will be baptized on October 18. However Shelton will be handed of to the YSA Elders. Sita decided that she would finally come to church.
Coolest thing that happened this week: When we stopped by a less active, part member family. We just stopped by to introduce ourselves and see if there was another time we could stop by to get to know them better. They said that they were fine. That they were taking a break from church and that they didn't want us to come over. I asked them why they decided to take a break and found out that they don't really believe in organized religion. So what did we do? Threw the Hammer down! I told them that, that was stupid. To make a long story short fter explaining to them about how Christ organized his church, the plan of salvation, and resolving their concerns about being affended. We set up a return appointment and are going to be teaching them on a regular basis! It was awesome to see such a quick turn around.
Elder Paget

By the way, another cool thing we did this last week is that we went Ice Skating as a zone. It was fun. Only in California could you go ice skating in Hawaiian Shirts. This is me with Elder Williams in the other Hawaiin shirt, and Elder Bunker our district leader. He is my Farmington Brother even though he went to Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment