Tuesday, September 3, 2013

19th Year!




 
Thank you everyone for wishing me a Happy Birthday. I had a great birthday, but I wish I could celebrate it with my family and friends. It was awesome. I didn't have to run because it was a Sunday, and we didn't have a meeting at 6:30 am like we usually do. So already I was off to a great start to my 19th Birthday. I had some time to open my presents that my family had sent before church. I opened the boxes from my parents and sisters and to my surprise I had to open one present per hour.  Each present had a specific time on the outside of when to open it. Inside there was a poem that corresponded with each gift. It is a great Idea so that it lasts longer but, I couldn't open them while I was at church or walking around.  We went to church and there were so many people that came up to me and wished me a happy birthday. I don't know how they all knew about it. I didn't really tell anyone. After Church we went around with Josh Atkinson to a few houses but no one was home. Everyone was out and about for Labor Day weekend. Then we had Dinner at the Parsons house. To my surprise they had their house decorated with balloons and banners. It was crazy. When I dropped off the ingredients to make my favorite cake, I must have left the decorations that were supposed to be for my room in the bag. So I feel bad that it probably made them feel like they had to decorate for my b-day. Dinner was fantastic, we had Chicken and Steak burritos/tacos. Then for desert we had better than any thing cake. Could not have been any better. The only thing that could have been better is if I knew the BYU football game score. Hopefully they won. I have been wondering about it since Saturday. Any way it was great and I got lots of goodies and things I needed. Thanks!
 
Two weeks ago at the beach we met a man who wanted to be a Mormon and move to Saint George. On Wednesday we were walking out of the Library and saw him sitting at the computer. We went up to him and asked him if we had talked to him before at the beach. He said No. Elder Moon and I then turned to walk away, both thinking that he just didn't want to talk to us. He had lost his interest after talking to us at the moon light beach party. Then out of the corner of our eyes, the real guy appears. He was looking at the DVDs here at the Encinitas Library. I feel bad that we got him mixed up with somebody else but, they could be/probably are identical twins. We walked up to him and started talking. We talked for about an hour. His name is Mark. Mark is finally going to move to St George on September 8. He has been struggling lately and wants a fresh start with his wife. He found a job and a place to move into, but he just got his car repossessed. He doesn't know how he is going to get there. We asked him if we could teach him and he said that he wanted some time for his wife to find out more first. We told his that's what missionaries are for to teach people more about the gospel,and answer any questions that they have. It is sad to see that he is a golden investigator and he turned us down. He wants to meet with the missionaries in St George when he gets there, though. So that's good. Hopefully we can get in contact with the missionaries down there.
 
Things are going great here in Cardiff. I hope they continue to stay that way.
 
Thanks
 
Elder Jaden Paget

No comments:

Post a Comment