Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Crazy Cardiff!



 
 
This week was super busy. There is so much going on. Elder Moon and I have been going crazy, we have so many investigators we don't really know what to do. We have about 10 investigators, and about 10 Less active members or recent converts that we teach every week. The Cardiff ward is on Fire! Last year they had no baptisms and already up to 7 this year. Our Mission President, has seen this and has decided to send another set of Elders to help cover our ward. They will be transferred on August 13. It is really cool because Elder Moon and I were able to decide the boundary with the bishop and ward mission leader. We split the area in half creating a West and East area in our mission.So of course we took the west because of the beach, and we live in the area already. So I am Excited to stay so close to the coast. The weather is perfect here it is always 75 degrees and sunny, with a cool ocean breeze. I am so blessed to be in paradise.
 
On Saturday we will be able to baptise two boys named Moises and Rohit. We had their first lesson with them on the first day I arrived. I also committed them to be baptized. I will be baptizing Moises, and elder Moon will be baptizing Rohit. I am so excited, but nervous at the same time. Moises and Rohit have made so much progress in the three weeks I have been here. It is so cool to see them have a change of heart and follow our Savior Jesus Christ.
 
Last Wednesday, we had a BBQ with the graduating seniors in our ward. This was so we could help one of our investigators, Savannah, get her parents to get to know members of our ward. Savannah also wants to get baptized but since she is 17 years old, she needs her parents permission. So to help get her parents permission, we though it would be a good idea to invite her parents to be more comfortable with members. It was a lot of fun. Brother Stevens, a ward missionary, baked a tiki cake that looked so cool. He is amazing, he bakes cakes for every occasion. He is also baking a cake for the baptism on Saturday. So far Savannah's parents had a good time and they are more comfortable with letting Savannah be baptized. However they still have concerns. We are going to hopefully have a lesson with them to answer any questions, or concerns they have.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love it here in Cardiff-By-The-Sea, California. My testimony has grown so much, it has also been tested a lot too. However I find that the more people question my testimony and tell me that I am a Liar, the stronger my testimony gets. "You receive no witness until after the trial of your faith" Ether 12 : 6. My testimony will only get stronger the more it is tested, and it is tested everyday. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that the only way to find out for your self is to read it and ask God. I have asked God, and received that witness for my self. I testify that it is True.
 
Elder Jaden Paget

No comments:

Post a Comment