Monday, November 4, 2013

6 More Weeks of Summoning Aliens





Well I have good news. I am not being transferred. So I will be staying in Cardiff for at least 6 more weeks, up to my 6 month mark. I am so glad I don't have to pack up and move. I love it here in Cardiff and I could not think of any area that could be better than this. But than again I have not been in any other area other than while I was on exchanges. So this is all that I know. I am glad to still have Elder A as my companion. He is a great missionary and a great example to me. He has taught me how to have fun while doing missionary work.
 
Things have still be slow but we might have found another new investigator to teach. His name is A, he has been a potential investigator for some time. We have stopped by a few times before but it didn't go any where. He told us that he has been praying for a miraculous event. We told him that we don't need angels to come down to us or witness miracles for us to know something is true or to strengthen our testimony. We need faith. If we knew there would be not point in this life. There would be not agency. We told him that Joseph Smith and how he saw Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That is what sparked his interest and he wants to know more. At the time we were unable to talk with him because we were late to dinner, but we plan on going back and sharing what we know to be true.
 
Another cool thing this week is that we talked with balloon guy. Friday night we were by his house and noticed that he was in his back yard working on his next balloon extravaganza. I said to Elder Adams that we have to go talk to him and see what the balloons in the sky were all about. I was not going to be transferred without talking with balloon guy. It wasn't going to happen. We walked closer and saw him attaching an assortment of bright flashing lights to 15 huge black balloons. We walked closer and were standing right by his fence when Elder Adams said, "Cool Balloons you got there guy's." He didn't respond and after a few awkward seconds balloon lady, balloon mans partner in crime answered. "Yea they are cool, but they are cooler in the sky. We will be putting them up in just a little while." That is when Elder A asked " What are they for?" Balloon Lady then responded, "It is to make people happy." Elder A and I both looked at each other with confusion and thought are they on drugs. Then Elder A said, " Don't mind us we are just going to watch it over here."  We stood there as they let the balloons float into the night sky.  We still think that they are trying to hide something. So we still stand at the same conclusion. They are summoning Aliens. Luckily I still have 6 more weeks to see if they can succeed. To be Continued...
 
 
Elder Paget
 

No comments:

Post a Comment