Monday, December 8, 2014

Oct. 21, 2014 Click it or ticket!

Well this last week has been fun. Not a very much happened. Elder Woolsey is doing great. He is making a lot of progress. He is still getting used to everything and he doesn't really talk much. But that is OK. It is just a reminder that the Lord doesn't call the person who is qualified, he qualifies the person called. He uses the weak to confound the wise. That to me is a testament of the truthfulness of the gospel. That two young men or women are called to invite others to come unto Christ. If the Lord wanted to he could have raised up his own perfect missionary force. I am sure that they would do a great job. But he calls us imperfect teenagers to share the truth, share how the gospel has changed us, and how it fulfills our desires. We are called to be who we are, to let our light shine, and let our personalities shine aswell. I can't tell you how many times we get, "Wait your the Elders? Your not old. How old are you? 16?" It is super funny. We go in their home to teach them and they are always amazed. It is super cool and I am glad to be apart of it.

Our investigators are making progress. Anthony is ready and finally said he will come to church! Eli is doing good and hopefully we will set a baptismal date this next week. Scott is Scott. We might be passing him off to a different ward depending on how things go. We were unable to meet with the new family we were planning on starting teaching this last week. We are going by tonight and will let you know how things go.

So this morning while we were on our way to the Family History Center to email...... We got pulled over........ No, I am not joking. We got pulled over. Luckily we were not speeding or anything like that. However this last week the Mini van, the Swagger Wagon, had to get taken to the shop to get fixed. As a replacement vehicle for the week they gave the Elders that give us a ride, a Ford Fusion. Well there are not enough seat belts in the Ford Fusion. So we had 4 Elders Squished on the back seat, and a California Highway Patrol officer saw us. All four of us ended up getting tickets for not wearing our seat belts. It sucks. Luckily we get the Swagger Wagon back tomorrow, so it should not happen again. Don't worry Mom.

Well we should end on a good note. I really liked this and thought I would share it. This is how I feel about the gospel.

I am part of the fellowship of the unashamed. The dye has been cast! I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made; I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I won't look back, let up, slow down, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure. I'm finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tainted visions, worldly talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals. I no longer need pre-eminence, positions, promotions, plaudits or popularity. I now live by faith, lean on His presence, walk with patience, am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gate is fast, and my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear! I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured, lured away, divided or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the adversary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I won't give up, shut up, or let up, until I have stayed up, stored up, and paid up of the cause of Christ. I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach all I know, and work till He stops me. And when He returns for His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My banner will be clear.   - Henry B. Eyring

Elder Paget

P.S. I am always curious of what you think about what is happening here in San Marcos. Feel free to send comments, questions, ect.... my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment